We release today Mobialia Chess version 5 for Android. It is the result of many months of work improving the app. Changelog:
- Now uses Holo theme in devices with Android >= 3
- New standard actionbar with new icons and new menus
- New sidebar in online play to access all the sections: you can show it sliding in the screen from left to right or pressing the top left icon
- New Observe section listing current games in the chess server
- We moved the old observe options to the new Observe screen: now you can “follow” the best games in each category
- New Messages section to read and send messages in the chess server
- Support for playing on the ICC Chess Server as Guest (requires two more app permissions to generate the device ID)
- New Events section when connecting to ICC
- New History screen replacing the old “Examine last game” option, now you can examine or send by email all your played games
As this version brings great changes, we provide links to download the old 4.3.2 version for users who prefer it (or users experiencing some kind of problem with the new version, but please send us an email explaining your problem). We also offer the download of the last version from our page because we found many pages offering versions of Mobialia Chess that are viruses:
You can contribute with the translations here.
We release today a new version of our Mobialia Chess Web App with lots of fantastic new features:
- Online Play at FICS and ICC
- Chess Challenges to solve looking for the best move
- A new start screen with access to all the new options
- A new settings screen
- Redesign with new menus and dialogs
- Multi-language support: English, Spanish, Deutsch, Portuguese, French and Italian
- Responsive design: it works now with any screen size
- Download size optimization: we added a lot of functionality but reduced 1Mb the size of the app
- Speed improvements: it does not perform well yet on mobile devices but we are working this way
We have been working hard the last months to port almost all the functionality from the Android App to the Web App.
Mobialia Chess is available as a Chrome Web App and a Firefox App, and of course, you can play at:
The new Blackberry 10 (BB10) was announced last week, and we are already porting some of our apps to it.
Blackberry has done a great work with their new operating system and, following the path started with Blackberry Playbook, BB10 is also a QNX-based system with runtime for Android Apps.
BB10 has also the best HTML5 engine you can find in mobile devices, scoring better than most of the desktop browsers according to the HTML5Test. The Playbook was the first mobile device able to run our WebGl apps, and Blackberry is keeping up the good work with BB10.
This week we were testing our Mobialia Chess Free Android app in a Dev Alpha device and we will publish it on Blackberry Appworld, it will be available soon.
This week we added a new feature to our Mobialia Chess 3D web app: now you can use it inside Google+ Hangouts.
For those who don’t know what a hangout is, it’s a video chat that can include up to 15 people; it’s like Skype, but inside your web browser (and also from mobile devices!). This is one of the most amazing Google+ features.
While you are in a hangout you can use shared apps (like a notepad, games, etc.) and now you can also play chess! Start a chess hangout by pressing the “Hangout” button in http://chess.mobialia.com or directly with the button in this post. All the participants can move all the pieces, so it can be used to play chess games or to teach chess lessons.
Today we are launching a new Web App for our Slot Racing game:
You can view the new Drivers & Countries Championship, browse user circuits, view players, times… and also PLAY in your desktop browser… in 3D! As a bonus we also added the multiplayer mode.
We also updated the Slot Racing Android app to v.1.1.2 with many bug fixes.
It’s been a long time since the last Slot Racing Update, we were working a lot in this version:
OpenFeint was acquired by Gree, and Gree is about to close it, so we removed the OpenFeint Integration and implemented our own FaceBook based leaderboards. Why FaceBook?
- Almost everybody has a Facebook account
- With this new system we can have a leaderboard for each user-created circuit
- Leaderboards are integrated in the “Finish Race” screen, showing your best time and your position in the leaderboard
- We think that showing the user’s real name and country in the leaderboards is more engaging
- User circuits are now linked to user’s FaceBook account, and you can modify them from any device
We added a local multiplayer mode, up to 4 players can now play in the same phone/tablet (depends of your device’s multitouch support). In this mode there is a number for each lane and players must press their lane’s number to accelerate.
This new version also has a new NASCAR-style car. As this is a very common request, we are working to add more cars.
Now user circuits can have name in the select circuit view, the name is assigned when you upload the circuit to our servers. Also, the new user circuits URL is http://slot.mobialia.com/circuits/, a prettier jquery mobile site.
Ads in the game menus are now smaller and we removed the ads while playing, replacing them by an interstital ad at the end of the race.
We redesigned the menus, stilyzing the buttons and simplifying navigation.
And finally, we also improved the underlying 3D library:
- Solves some force-close issues with the editor
- Solves z-buffer issues in some devices
- And improves speed
- Solves some multitouch issues
We hope you will enjoy this new version, it you prefer the old OpenFeint version, please don’t blame us, you can download and install it from here.
Today we are proud to announce the release of Mobialia Chess 3D for Google Chrome.
We used our experience with Mobialia Chess for Android to create the most amazing HTML5 chess app. You can play (also with Firefox) at http://chess.mobialia.com
We just released an update to Mobialia Chess including themes for the board and pieces. You can check all the available themes at http://www.mobialia.com/chess-themes/ and install them from Settings->Theme.
Also, if you are a design freak you can also build easily your themes. A theme is a zip file (but with the extension changed to .chesstheme) that can contain one or more of this files:
- playing_background.png: 1024×512 background image for the 2D board
- piece_set.png: usually a 450×150 image with the PNBRQK images for the 2D board in two rows (whites up)
- light_square.png: square image (usually 64×64) with the texture for the light squares (for both 2D and 3D)
- dark_square.png: idem for the dark squares
- light_piece.png: square image (usually 64×64) with the texture for the light pieces in 3D
- dark_piece.png: idem for the dark pieces
- board_border.png: square image (usually 512×512) to be used as the table for the board in 3D
The chess app will open all the files with the .chesstheme extension: to install a custom theme, you can open it from any android filemanager and the “Open with” dialog will pop-up including the “Open with Mobialia Chess” option.
Also, if you create a theme please send it to us and we will add it to the official page.
Do you like the challenges?, if you do so RBKube is what you were looking for: our new game specially designed for puzzle lovers like you.
Try to solve the most mind-blowing 3d puzzles: Pocket Cube (2x2x2), classic Rubik’s Cube (3x3x3), Rubik’s Revenge / Master Cube (4x4x4), Professor’s Cube (5x5x5), Pyraminx, Square-1 / Super Cubix, Megaminx (6 and 12 colors) and Sudoku Cube. All in a single app, and with more puzzles coming soon!.
Share your times and compete with other players around the world with the integrated OpenFeint platform. Try to become the fastest player and show us your skills!.
RBKube is available for free on Google Play.
We updated our Slot Racing game with more cars, more control types (a bigger slider and a tap control) and more fun!
Now you can also send us easily your circuits and we will add them to our user contributed circuits page. Press “Options->Send Circuit to Mobialia” on the circuit editor.